HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) – Republican Tim DeFoor and Democrat, Dr. Nina Ahmad are campaigning statewide, to become the next Auditor General.
The winner will become the first person of color to win a statewide election in Pennsylvania.
DeFoor is the current controller for Dauphin County and Ahmad is the former Deputy Mayor of Philadelphia. Both are well aware of what a victory would represent.
“It sends a message across the state,” said DeFoor, “It means that Pennsylvanians are no longer seeing skin color or gender as a prerequisite.”
Ahmad says winning the party’s nomination was important. “It is a huge deal to me being the first woman of color in my party to be nominated for a statewide executive office,” said Ahmad.
Both say they will continue to campaign statewide until the polls close on election day.
- Warm today, some light showers early Saturday
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- Pumpkin Spice mac-and-cheese? Kraft is bringing it to the US
- Mnuchin and Powell urge support for unemployment relief and small business loans
- ‘Benadryl challenge’: FDA issues alert over dangerous TikTok trend