HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — ‘Better late than never’ is the feeling of a Western Pennsylvania state Senator who was finally sworn-in on Wednesday in Harrisburg at the state Capitol.
Democrat Jim Brewster is from the 45th Senatorial district. His election was challenged by Republican Nicole Ziccarelli.
On Tuesday, a federal court sided with the state Supreme Court in upholding Brewster’s win by a mere 34 votes.
The 72-year-old Brewster is now starting a third 4-year term with the state Senate.
Republicans still control the chamber 29 seats to 21.
- LIVE: DC parade celebrates iconic civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.
- WATCH LIVE: James Franklin wraps up Penn State Football season
- Inauguration rehearsal in Washington D.C. evacuated after fire in homeless camp
- Harrisburg woman may have tried to sell Pelosi’s laptop to Russia, FBI says
- York man surrenders to Police following multiple charges including strangulation