Which Instant Pot accessories are best?
As Thanksgiving rolls around, you might panic if it’s your turn to host and cook. There are many Thanksgiving dishes you need to make and many of them, especially the turkey, take time and careful attention. How you can save time and energy by tossing some elements together in an Instant Pot and not returning until they’re ready.
Whether you already have an Instant Pot or need one, chances are you’ll also need some accessories to make the best Thanksgiving Instant Pot recipes possible. Use caution when buying accessories, though, as some only work in certain Instant Pot models.
Instant Pot accessory types
There are two types of accessories for Instant Pots: inner and outer.
- Inner accessories are to help you cook. These can include steamer sets, racks and mini pots for baking.
- Outer accessories are to help you serve food. These can include mitts, heat-resistant pads and utensils.
Instant Pot models
There are several Instant Pot models available, with the most popular being:
- Lux: This is Instant Pot’s entry-level model. It has limited capacity and only six cooking functions: pressure and slow cook, rice, saute, steam and warm. Unless your Thanksgiving dinner is only for two or three, this isn’t going to cut it.
- Duo: This is another basic model, but it has a higher maximum capacity and the additional function of being able to make yogurt. A Plus version adds two more functions: sterilize and sour vide. This is the best model for the average home cook in terms of cost and function.
- Pro: This model adds yet another feature in being able to bake. A Plus version adds Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Crisp: This model’s additional features are air frying and dehydrating. A Pro version features better controls and adds a set of accessories.
- Ultimate: The current best model adds broiling and bread-proofing functions, plus an LCD screen that displays step-by-step cooking instructions for your chosen meal.
- Dutch oven: This alternate model comes in the shape of a Dutch oven, meaning it has a wider pot than standard Instant Pots. This makes it better for pot roasts and similar meals with large intact meats. Perhaps even a small Thanksgiving turkey.
Best Instant Pot accessories
This versatile Instant Pot set comes with a variety of accessories for your Thanksgiving dinner. It comes with large and small steamer baskets, a springform pan, an egg mold, a two-egg rack, a steamer trivet, three magnetic sheets, silicone oven mitts, an egg beater, a dish plate clip, kitchen tongs and two silicone pot holders. The set is compatible with 6- and 8-quart Instant Pots.
This stackable egg steamer can hold up to 14 eggs and fits Instant Pots of 5, 6 and 8 quarts. You can also use the top steamer for cooking foods to go with the eggs you’re steaming on the bottom.
This silicone sling can be used for many recipes, such as holding eggs or baking dishes away from the bottom of the pot. It fits 6- and 8-quart Instant Pots.
This accessory set includes a silicone suction lid for keeping your foods hot inside the pot while away from the base, two mitts and a silicon pad to rest your pot.
This eight-piece set for baking includes two wire egg racks, two silicone lids, two stainless steel round pans and a removal divider.
This silicone steamer basket is an excellent alternative to the usual metal baskets as it’s much easier to clean. You can even put it in the dishwasher.
Many Instant Pots can make yogurt but rarely include the accessories you need to actually do that. This set solves that problem and also gives you something to hold your baby bottles for sterilization.
This set includes two steamer baskets, one large and one small, so you can better cook the amount of food you desire.
This set includes a staggering 98 pieces. Some of the accessories are steamer baskets, springform pans, dish plate clips, utensils, mitts, magnetic sheets, an egg bite mold and racks.
Best Instant Pots
The Instant Pot Duo comes in 3-, 6- and 8-quart sizes and includes a steam rack accessory. It has 11 one-touch cooking programs and the base has a handle to hold the lid off your counter.
The Instant Pot Duo Plus comes in 6- and 8-quart sizes and has a message display and a cooking progress indicator. A dial on the front makes it easy to adjust your settings per recipe.
The Instant Pot Pro Plus only has a 6-quart capacity, but it features Wi-Fi connectivity so you can program it and monitor the cooking progress from your phone. It has a touchscreen and a dial for easy on-unit adjustments.
The introduction of air frying to this Instant Pot makes it a perfect money- and space-saving choice for those who want both types of devices. It comes in 6- and 8-quart capacities.
This upgraded Crisp’s controls are touch-based, making them easier to clean. The accessories included are a steam rack, air frying basket, dehydrating tray, heat-resistant protective pad and a storage cover.
If practically every day starts with you setting up your dinner in your Instant Pot before you leave for work, this is the model you need. It has a 6.5-quart capacity, enough for approximately four people.
This Dutch oven Instant Pot can be used as the tech-heavy model it is or set to manual mode for situations where you want to observe the cooking process carefully.
Want to shop the best products at the best prices? Check out Daily Deals from BestReviews.
Sign up here to receive the BestReviews weekly newsletter for useful advice on new products and noteworthy deals.
Jordan C. Woika writes for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their purchasing decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2023 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.