May 13 – June 15, 2020
Whitaker Center has partnered with abc27 for the first-ever Virtual Science Fair. We have opened this science fair to four different categories. Show us your creativity, ingenuity, and relevance. The Blue-Ribbon entries in each category will be honored with appearances on abc27 to share their findings!
All participants must enter by May 29th at 11:59 p.m.
If you need assistance covering the entry fee, please contact email@example.com to receive STEM Scholarship funds.
Please read the Judging Rubric to see how you will be scored.
Rules and Regulations:
- Please sign your child up in their current grade bracket as of May 1, 2020. If the children participating span multiple grade brackets, please sign up as a family project!
- Safety first! Make sure you recruit an adult to help you and they approve of the project and materials you will be using. Adult approval required for the use of sharp tools, electricity, or chemicals.
- Experiments are recommended over collections or models.
- Wear protective goggles and a mask while doing your experiment.
- Do not eat or drink during your experiments unless it is part of the experiment! Be sure not to taste any materials that may be harmful.
- Wash your hands often during the experiment!
- Dispose of waste and chemicals properly.
- Any projects that involve animals, drugs, firearms, or explosives are NOT permitted.
- Any projects that break local, state or federal laws are NOT permitted.
- Submissions are due by 11:59 PM on June 8, 2020, and should contain a video that summarizes the project and the Science Fair Wrap-up document. A poster style display is not required. Once completed please upload your video submission using the button below. Video submissions are limited to 2.5 minutes and must be done horizontally.
- The three finalists in each age group will give a live video conversation with Whitaker Center’s Education Staff on June 12. The question and answer session will be 4-5 minutes in length and will informally discuss your project.
- The winners in each category will be announced on Monday, June 15th, and will be scheduled for appearances on abc27 following the announcement.
*Video Instructions: All Video Submissions must follow this format!*
Each participant must complete the Science Fair Wrap-Up and Video Submission Form by June 8th at 11:59 p.m.
Looking for inspiration? Check out these examples of Science Fair packets.
Questions about the Virtual Science Fair? Please contact the Whitaker Center Education Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our event sponsor PA Cyber.