(WHTM) – More than a dozen Nittany Lions will await the chance to live out their dreams of playing in the NFL. The next step in their journey is the 2023 NFL Draft.
The NFL Draft in Kansas City began on Thursday, April 27 at 8 p.m. on abc27 with the first round, consisting of 31 picks. The final six rounds were held on Friday and Saturday.
This year 13 Penn State football players participated in the program’s Pro Day with every NFL team attending, according to the university.
Leading the class was cornerback Joey Porter Jr., who was selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the second round.
In alphabetical order, here are the six Nittany Lions who were selected in the 2023 NFL Draft:
- Ji’Ayir Brown, safety – drafted 87th overall by the San Francisco 49ers
- Sean Clifford, quarterback – drafted 149th overall by the Green Bay Packers
- Joey Porter Jr., cornerback – drafted 32nd overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Juice Scruggs, offensive lineman – drafted 62nd overall by Houston Texans
- Brenton Strange, tight end – drafted 61st overall by Jacksonville Jaguars
- Parker Washington, wide receiver – drafted 185th overall by the Jacksonville Jaguars
The following Penn State player went undrafted:
- Barney Amor, punter
- P.J. Mustipher, defensive lineman – signed with Denver Broncos
- Jake Pinegar, kicker
- Chris Stoll, long snapper – signed with Seattle Seahawks
- Jonathan Sutherland, safety – signed with Seattle Seahawks
- Nick Tarburton, defensive lineman
- Mitchell Tinsley, wide receiver – signed with Washington Commanders
Nittany Nation will update where each former Penn Stater is drafted or signed through the NFL Draft weekend in Kansas City.