LEBANON COUNTY, Pa. (WHTM) – An announcement made by the Lebanon School District Friday said the annual Cedar Bowl high school football game has been canceled due to COVID-19.
School Board Superintendent Arthur Abrom said on Twitter Friday that due to the rise of cases in Lebanon County, the game has been canceled out of an abundance of caution for the safety of student-athletes, coaches, and spectators.
Lebanon High School football players react to the announcement on Twitter on Friday.
The Lebanon Cedars were set to face off against the Cedar Crest Falcons in this year’s Cedar Bowl.
- Police investigating fatal motorcycle crash in East Petersburg
- Aunt arrested after bodies of 2 dead children found in car during Maryland traffic stop
- Ralliers call for immigrant detainees held at York County Prison to be released to their families
- Midstate colleges and universities consider requiring masks after all
- Lancaster Lebanon League looks for consistency in 2021, media day features renewed hope