HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — The Delaware & Hudson Rail-Trail (D & H Rail-Trail) has been named Pennsylvania’s 2021 Trail of the Year by Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) Secretary Cindy Adams Dunn.
“During the COVID-19 pandemic, when Pennsylvania visitors and residents are heading outside for healthy and safe recreation opportunities, the D & H Rail-Trail has been a gem of Northeast Pennsylvania,” Dunn said. It provides users near and far the opportunity to enjoy some of the most beautiful parts of the commonwealth, learn about the region history, and engage in healthy activities.”
The 38-mile long Rail-Trail extends through Lackawanna, Susquehanna, and Wayne counties. The trail welcomes motorized and non-motorized enthusiasts, including walkers, bikers, equestrians and snowmobilers.
Pennsylvania continues to provide residents and visitors with more than 12,000 miles of trails.
- Middletown restaurant gets help from The Barstool Fund
- Ravens fall to Bills in AFC Divisional, Jackson leaves game in concussion protocol
- Hot Pockets recalled, they may contain hard plastic and glass
- Health officials identify the UK Variant of COVID-19 in Tompkins County
- Federal government isn’t “releasing the entire supply” of COVID-19 vaccines says Azar