HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — Following the passage of a winter snowstorm that covered the northeast, PennDOT announced on Tuesday that vehicle restrictions have been lifted on a number of major interstates across Central Pennsylvania.
Tier 4 restrictions have been lifted on Interstate 80 from I-99 at the 161/Bellefonte interchange in Centre County through Clinton County at mile-marker 192. Speed limits have also been restored.
Tier 1 restrictions have been lifted on the following roadways
- I-78 from Route 33 to the New Jersey border
- I-80 in Monroe County
- I-81 from Interstate 80 to the New Jersey border
- I-83 in Cumberland, Dauphin and York counties
- I-283 from PA 283 to I-83
- US 22 in Lehigh and Northampton counties
- Route 33 from Interstate 78 to Interstate 80
A 45 mph speed restriction remains in place on some major roadways including I-81 in Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin and Lebanon counties, I-83 in Cumberland, Dauphin and York counties and I-283 in Dauphin County.
Commercial vehicles must stay in the right lane while restrictions are in place.